artwork and inside look at the work of doublej.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BAYSIDE - Live From The Bayside Social Club



There is something really awesome about doing a layout for a band you are 100% totally all about, would kill to work for, and listen to on a daily basis. For me that band has always been BAYSIDE. This layout was one of the most fun I've ever had on a layout. At first I was in a huge slump, I was working on like 10 other layouts, and just felt creatively drained. Until the band and manager had the idea of making it look like a punk rock flyer. I was so down and so excited, started to google flyers from Black Flag, NOFX, Misfits, etc, and came up with this beautiful idea. I really think it came to together very nicely. I wanted it to have a real dirty raw look. So i did most of this without the aid of friendly photoshop. I printed most of the images out, cut them out with a razor blade or scissors, and tape. I used the copier machine a lot too! Just like the old days. Check out the photos i took below of my "work files".

The inside of the CD are photos of fans with BAYSIDE tats, we didn't tell them what we were using the photos for, and hoping they'd find a nice surprise when they opened the CD. The disc face is my favorite part of the layout. I wanted people when they opened the cd, to see this hand written (possibly a burn!?) looking cd. and just be like "WTF!?" but i assure you its an actual real disc, made by a legit company. I am very pleased with out this turned out, from the art to the actual music. I suggest you buy it. What are you waiting for? Enjoy!











And here is the image i used for the front, found it very fitting for some reason.


If you would like i have uploaded a high resolution texture to use if you ever need a "photocopy black background". Click photo to download.

No comments:

Google Analytics